304 Sparks Building
My interests are Second language acquisition, embodied cognition, language assessment, computer assisted language learning.
Recent Publications & Presentations:
- Zhang, X. (forthcoming). The “I don’t know” option in vocabulary size test. TESOL Quarterly.
- Zhang, X. (forthcoming). Foreign language listening anxiety and foreign language academic listening proficiency: Conceptualization and causal relations. System.
- Zhang, X. & Zhao, G. (2011). Construct validation of foreign language listening anxiety scales. Modern Foreign Languages, 34, 162-170.
Zhang, X., & Qi, L. (2009). Incidental vocabulary acquisition in natural reading. Foreign Language Teaching and Research, 41, 303-308.
- Zhang, X. & Li, Y. (2012). Vocabulary Learning Strategies and Vocabulary Knowledge. 2nd Forum on Applied Linguistics, Guangzhou. Dec, 8-9.
- Zhang, X. (2012). Cost-effectiveness analysis of computer assisted language learning. Guangzhou. International Conference on Internationalization of Higher Education (ICIHE). June, 23-24.
- Zhang, X. (2011). The “I don’t know” Option in Vocabulary Size Test. Language Testing Colloquium (LTRC – 2011). Michigan. June, 28-30
- Zhang, X. (2011). An Exploratory Study over the Causal Effects of Academic Self-Regulation on English Listening Strategy Use and English Listening Performances. Paper to be presented at the American Association for Applied Linguistics 2011 Conference (AAAL‐11). Chicago, IL. March, 26‐29.
- Zhang, X. (2010). Foreign language listening anxiety and foreign language academic listening proficiency. Paper presented at Language in Education: The Chinese Context (LECC). Hong Kong. October. 22-23.